Agar-agar. It looks like gelatin and acts like gelatin, but it's definitely not gelatin. Agar is the vegetarian-friendly version of gelatin, with no animal collagen. It's a plant-based thickening agent you can use in desserts and soups in lieu of the more popular gelatin. Jeff Potter shows us what he can do with orange juice, sugar, agar powder and a touch of rum, for a great screwdriver jelly.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades